GROWING QUICK LUBE MARKET PRESENTS OUTSTANDING SALES OPPORTUNITIES
The National Oil & Lube News (NOLN) 2011 “Tops in the Industry Ranking” indicates the U.S. quick lube market is growing at a healthy rate. In fact, the report shows the first growth in the market in over three years, climbing by 185 stores to a total of 16,716 over the past year.
With the number of new-vehicle dealerships declining over the past few years, quick lubes have picked up the extra oil change market share. NOLN estimates U.S. quick lube sales will increase by $100 million in 2011, reaching more than $9 billion. With 60 to 70 percent of motorists choosing to pay someone else to change their oil, and that number expected to reach 80 percent by 2018, the quick lube market is expected to continue growing for the foreseeable future.
Increased private investments have allowed quick lubes to expand at an aggressive pace. “I don’t think they would have had that much private equity money growing into it if investors didn’t believe in it and in the future of it,” said NOLN Editor Garrett McKinnon.
Now is the time to capitalize on the growing installer market. Both AMSOIL OE and XL synthetic motor oils are geared for independent installer accounts, allowing them to increase profits by offering OEM recommended drain intervals with OE, extended drain intervals with XL or both.
The AMSOIL Installer Kit provides everything Dealers need to make five sales presentations and register two accounts:
- How to use the Installer Kit (G3376)
- AMSOIL Installer Program – Dealers Only (G3413)
- Strategies for Entering the Installer Market (G3400)
- (5) AMSOIL Programs for Today’s Installers Brochures (G3401)
- (5) XL Synthetic Motor Oil Data Bulletins (G1404)
- (5) OE Synthetic Motor Oil Data Bulletins (G3404)
- (5) OE Countertop Handouts (G3407)
- (5) XL Countertop Handouts (G3406)
- (5) Installer Price Lists (G3402)
- (2) Retail-on-the-Shelf Kits (G1001)