AMSOIL OE (Original Equipment) Synthetic Motor Oil

Amsoil President News Uncategorized

Amsoil New Line of Original Equipment (OE) Motor Oils

Amsoil President Al Amatuzio

With our introduction of the world’s first synthetic motor oil to meet American Petroleum Institute service requirements in 1972, we created the synthetic motor oil market. We coined the phrase “extended drain interval” and set the stage, I was convinced, for a whole new generation of quality and a complete departure from the wasteful and unnecessary practice of the 3,000-mile oil change.

I had total confidence in our technology. We had tested our product extensively, and running millions of miles in realworld applications further supported our 25,000-mile oil change recommendation. We, alone, led the charge.

Today, of course, others are following our lead with introductions of extended drain oils of their own. The market, however, has lagged behind. Although consumers are moving to synthetics, most remain resistant to the longer drain intervals. Less than 10 percent of motorists who are using synthetic motor oil are using extended drain oils. That leaves over 90 percent who are changing their synthetic oils at intervals recommended by their installers or vehicle manufacturers. That is a huge segment of the synthetic motor oil market we are not reaching with our extended drain oils. It is, without doubt, an opportunity we have been missing. Until now.

Our new AMSOIL OE Synthetic Motor Oil opens doors we have never opened before. Unlike our other motor oils, AMSOIL OE carries a recommendation to be changed at intervals stated by vehicle manufacturers. Whether it’s 3,000 miles, 5,000 miles, 7,000 miles or longer, OE Motor Oil addresses the reservations many continue to feel about extended drain intervals. And equally important, it eliminates the concern over cost. OE is priced competitively with virtually all other synthetic motor oils.

Amsoil OE Motor Oils

While it’s true that our extended drain oils provide the greatest overall value, our OE Synthetic Oil is an AMSOIL alternative that obliterates all barriers. It squarely positions Dealers for huge impact on the quick lube/installer market. For Preferred Customers, OE means options. Not all Preferred Customers are drawn to AMSOIL because of our automotive motor oils. Many, for example, use only our motorcycle or snowmobile oils. As a Preferred Customer, you may not be on board with our extended drain oils or the higher upfront cost. But you have experienced AMSOIL quality, and AMSOIL OE Synthetic Motor Oil delivers the quality you demand at a drain interval and cost you are comfortable with.

In any case, the reaction we have had to the OE Oil has been 100 percent positive. And it’s not just OE. There is enthusiasm surrounding all of the products we have introduced in recent months. This includes our new European Car Formula Oil you will see in this AMSOIL Magazine issue.

Direct Jobber George Douglas attended a recent regional sales meeting and shared his enthusiasm with us:

“Just got back from the Orlando meeting, and I am fired up from what we learned of the new oils that have been developed for our future success. This is not an easy task to get me fired up after nearly 30 years of involvement with the AMSOIL company, but I am, and for more reasons than just the new products that will give us more reach into the synthetic motor oil market. I am fired up about the direction and leadership this company is demonstrating on a daily basis. I am fired up about the advertising campaign they have in the works in several markets, as this demonstrates confidence in us Dealers to capture the return on their advertising investment dollars. I am fired up about the training venues that the regional sales managers are working on for us. I am fired up about the new communication methods they have put in place with the Dealer only magazine and one especially for Preferred Customers. I am also fired up and thankful that we have positioned ourselves to take advantage of all these new initiatives that AMSOIL is doing for us.”

I thank George for his message and appreciate his high level of enthusiasm. I have to believe that many others reading this column share that same enthusiasm, and I am confident that our new OE Synthetic Motor Oil will appeal to consumers by the thousands.

A.J. “Al” Amatuzio
President and CEO, AMSOIL INC.

I have been selling and using Amsoil products since 2008. I will not sell any product I don't use myself. Your cars will last for 150K+ miles with no problems. I have a 2004 Toyota truck with 217K miles and a 4runner with over 170K miles running fine. Cell: (702) 994-4646

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *