AMSOIL 100% Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil (ASM) delivers extraordinary lubrication for automotive gasoline engines. AMSOIL combined the industry premier synthetic technology and additives into a light viscosity formulation that withstands high temperatures and delivers outstanding fuel economy and cold temperature performance. AMSOIL ASM replaces SAE 5W-20 and is recommended for extended drain intervals according to AMSOIL service interval guidelines. It delivers long-lasting performance and protection.
AMSOIL Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil is recommended for Honda, Acura, Daimler-Chrysler, Toyota, Ford and all other applications where SAE 0W-20 or 5W-20 is required with the following specifications:
Product Application Specification
• API SM/CF, SL, SJ. . .
• ILSAC GF-4, 3. . .
• ACEA A1/B1
• Ford WSS-M2C930-A
• DaimlerChrysler MS-6395N
Buy Now/Pricing Information (Opens in New Window)
AMSOIL 0W20 100% Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil (ASM) delivers extraordinary lubrication for automotive gasoline engines. AMSOIL combined the industry premier synthetic technology and additives into a light viscosity formulation that withstands high temperatures and delivers outstanding fuel economy and cold temperature performance. AMSOIL ASM replaces SAE 5W-20 and is recommended for extended drain intervals according to AMSOIL service interval guidelines. It delivers long-lasting performance and protection.
AMSOIL, the leader in automotive synthetic lubrication, produced the world’s first API-qualified synthetic motor oil in 1972. Trust the extensive experience of AMSOIL "The First in Synthetics" to do the best job protecting your engine.
Extends Drain Intervals
AMSOIL Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil can extend drain intervals far beyond those recommended for conventional oils. Its unique synthetic formulation and long drain additive system are very stable, resisting oxidation and neutralizing acids. AMSOIL ASM delivers the best possible engine protection, cleanliness and performance over extended drain intervals, reducing vehicle maintenance and waste oil disposal costs.
Maximizes Fuel Economy
AMSOIL Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil is designed to maximize energy efficiency for improved fuel economy. Its light viscosity properties reduce drag and its uniform molecular structure helps it flow more freely to lower friction between metal surfaces. Anti-friction additives are included to further improve energy efficiency.
Protects Against Wear
AMSOIL Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil is a shear stable formulation with a high viscosity index. It provides excellent viscosity film strength to separate metal surfaces and contains robust anti-wear additives for the best possible engine protection.
Reduces Oil Consumption and Emissions
Volatility (burn-off) occurs when oil gets hot, causing high oil consumption and emissions. AMSOIL Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil has a very low volatility rate, making it excellent at controlling volatility related oil consumption and emissions.
Excels in Extreme Temperatures
AMSOIL Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil resists thermal breakdown better than conventional oils. It is heavily fortified with detergent and dispersant additives to prevent sludge deposits and keep engines clean. And unlike conventional oils, AMSOIL ASM contains no wax. It stays fluid down to -65°F for improved cold temperature oil flow, reduced bearing wear and easier starting.
AMSOIL ASM is compatible with conventional and synthetic motor oils. Mixing AMSOIL motor oils with other oils, however, will shorten the oil life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits of AMSOIL. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed. Aftermarket oil additives are not recommended for use with AMSOIL motor oils.
AMSOIL Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil is recommended for extended drain intervals in unmodified(1), mechanically sound(2) gasoline-fueled vehicles as follows:
• Normal Service(3) – Up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
• Severe Service(4) – Up to 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
• Replace AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter at the time of oil change, up to 25,000 miles or one year service life, whichever comes first (other brands at standard OEM* intervals).
• In all non-gasoline fueled vehicle applications, extend the oil change interval according to oil analysis or follow the OEM* drain interval.
*OEM – Original Equipment Manufacturer
(1) Engines operating under modified conditions are excluded from extended drain recommendations. Examples include the use of performance computer chips; non-OEM approved exhaust, fuel or air induction systems; and the use of fuels other than those recommended for normal operation by the manufacturers.
(2) Mechanically sound engines are in good working condition and do not, for example, leak oil or consume excessive amounts, are not worn out, do not overheat, do not leak anti-freeze and have properly working emission control systems. AMSOIL recommends repairing malfunctioning engines prior to the installation of AMSOIL synthetic oils.
(3) Personal vehicles frequently traveling greater than 10 miles (16 km) at a time and not operating under severe service.
(4) Turbo or supercharged vehicles, commercial or fleet vehicles, excessive engine idling, first and subsequent use of AMSOIL in vehicles with over 100,000 miles, daily short trip driving less than 10 miles (16k), frequent towing, plowing, hauling or dusty condition
AMSOIL Ea Full-Flow Filters are designed for extended drain intervals. They stop smaller particles, flow more oil and last longer than regular filters. For best performance, use AMSOIL Ea Full-Flow Filters.
HEALTH & SAFETY
This product is not expected to cause health concerns when used for the intended application and according to the recommendations in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). An MSDS is available upon request at 715-392-7101 or on our website. Keep out of the reach of children. Don't pollute. Return used oil to collection centers.
TYPICAL TECHNICAL PROPERTIES
AMSOIL 100% Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil (ASM)
Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)
Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt (ASTM D-445)
Viscosity Index (ASTM D-2270)
VISC. CCS, cP (ASTM D-5293)
Flash Point °C (°F) (COC) (ASTM D-92)
Fire Point °C (°F) (COC) (ASTM D-92)
Pour Point °C (°F) (COC) (ASTM D-97)
NOACK (% weight loss) (ASTM D-5800)
Four Ball Wear, 75°C, 1200 rpm, 40kg, 1 hour (ASTM D-4172B)
Total Base Number
High Temperature/High Shear Viscosity
|Buy Now/Pricing Information (Opens in New Window)|